Have you ever asked yourself if your family needs an agricultural consultant to help through some of your important farm decisions or transitions? How do you know when it’s the right time for a consultant and whether they can provide the type of assistance you need? Below are the top 10 reasons to seek out an agricultural consultant.
1. You’re transitioning to the next generation.
- Dad needs to plan his exit strategy
- Knowledge must be transferred from the older generation to the younger generation
- You need to systematically transfer office and field responsibilities
2. You need to build and/or retain your acres.
- You need to build a financially responsible growth plan
- You must learn to effectively market your family and operation to potential land owners
- You need help finding potential land owners
3. You need to diversify your operation.
- You don’t yet know how to diversify
- You need to understand your choices
- You must decide what makes the most financial sense
4. You need to get a better handle on your farm financials.
- You need to understand how profitable your operation is—by entity, farm, and field
- You need to make your financial processes more efficient
5. You need to run your farm more efficiently.
- You need to learn lean manufacturing practices
- You’re paying for idle time
6. You need help with employees and finding quality employees.
- You need assistance with employee/employer dynamics
- You’re unsure what qualities you should be looking for in employees
- You don’t know hoe to find quality employees
7. You need help with your estate planning.
- You need help crafting a plan for your family in which everyone wins
8. You need help with finding specialty contracts to increase margins.
- You need help deciding on the right specialty crop to grow
- You’re not sure what is most profitable
- You want to understand how to team with other operations to supply the necessary volume
9. You want to learn best practices.
- You want to team up with the top producers in the United States
- You want to build trusting relationships with other operations
10. You want to reduce costs.
- You want to learn how to reduce your input costs
- You need someone on your side to fight for you
How many of the reasons listed above describe you? If it’s more than 2 or 3, now may be the right time to act. Stop putting off for later what needs to be managed today. Reach out to FamilyFarms Group for help ensuring the longevity and sustainability of your family’s farming operation.